Coast Protein Cricket Energy Bar $5 CAD
Made In Canada
A surprising answer to the search for a high-quality protein that not only tastes great but can be harvested sustainably.
Coast Protein was founded with one mission in mind: to make eating insects normal.
Crickets and other edible insects are an everyday source of nutrition in many countries. Not only that, gram for a gram when compared to convention protein sources, crickets use a fraction of the water and land resources and produces significantly fewer emissions.
Couple this protein with simple, real food ingredients, and Coast Protein has been able to fulfill their dream of creating tasty, sustainable protein products.
Why crickets? Because they're as good for the environment as they are for you.
- High in Protein: Crickets are over 60% protein by weight - also much easier for the human body to digest and absorb compared to lactose-based proteins.
- Amino Acids: Crickets contain high amounts of all nine of the essential amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
- Vitamin B12: Crickets contain B12, which plays a key role in ensuring the proper functioning of the nervous system and the production of red blood cells and DNA.
- Iron: Crickets contain twice the amount of iron as a comparable amount of spinach.
- Crickets use less water: Compared to cows, crickets consume 2,000 times less water for the same amount of protein because they absorb their water from the food they consume - this number grows even larger if you consider the amount of water required to grow the crops the cows eat.
- Crickets product fewer emissions: Animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide: Compared to cows, crickets produce 100x less GHG emissions for the same amount of protein.
- Crickets use less land: Compared to cows, crickets use 13 times less land for the same amount of protein. They can also be grown near densely populated urban environments, shortening the length of the supply chain.
This bar is a fan favourite of peanut butter lovers. A mix of peanuts, apples, and honey create a sweet and savoury snack perfect for when you're on the go.
- 12g of protein
- Gluten-free and dairy-free
Ingredients: Peanuts, honey, peanut flour, apples, pears (sulphites), crickets, peanut butter, salt.
- Contains: Peanuts, sulphites
- May Contain: Soy, tree nuts
Allergy Information: If you have a shellfish or crustacean allergy, you may also be allergic to crickets.
New Westminster, B.C.