Sitka Educator: Whistler
Full Time and Part Time available
The Sitka Educator’s role is to inspire and educate. Your main role is to provide the ultimate experience for our customers. You are responsible for delivering product knowledge, connecting with your community, in-store merchandising, customer service, inventory management and engagement through conservation of the natural world around us. Our goal is to have our customers leave our stores having learned something new from their experience and empowered to make choices because of it.
- Product Education: communicate the features and benefits of our product assortment authentically through storytelling and connection. You treat our customers the same as you would a guest in your home.
- Culture: You are committed to leaving the world better than you found it. You bring fun, respect, authenticity, excitement, passion, and knowledge to what you do every day.
- Community: You love people and you love our planet. You can’t wait to connect with others over favourite travel spots, the cities best hikes or your secret surf spot. You also know where to find the best local artists, craft beers, and fish tacos. You think Vancouver Island is beyond rad and can’t wait to share it with everyone you meet.
- Mentoring, Training and Employee Development: You not only participate in training opportunities but you are the first to offer a hand to others and show them how to succeed in everything they do. You are proactive in your ongoing education regarding the company, reporting, products, the environment and the retail industry.
What you bring:
- You are passionate, respectful, outgoing and genuinely like helping people.
- You are a great communicator. You are self-motivated but also work well as part of a team.
- You love to build things. Communities, teams, and campfires (and so much more!)
- Organization is your jam and you are known for your attention to detail.
- You are always looking to do more with less. Your philosophy on life is fewer things more experiences. And man can you tell a great story.
- You love the outdoors and are motivated to leave it a better place. You are an advocate for positive environmental impacts and are always looking to do more than just your part to make a difference for the natural world.
- You are an individual. You are self-aware, confident and take responsibility for your actions.
- You are flexible to work Monday to Sunday, including evenings and weekends.
Sitka Store Manager - Victoria Flagship
The Sitka Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of the retail store operations and people development. Your main objective is to engage and develop your store team, build your business and make a lasting impact in your community. The Store Manager drives the overall operations strategy and is 100% responsible for the highest level of customer engagement and experience in-store. To put it in short… You are kind of a bad-ass.
What You Do:
Leadership Development: You run a business that is driven by top performing people. The Store Manager builds capabilities within their teams to drive strategy and achieve results that maximize your business both today and into the future. You set the example and hold your team accountable to outstanding service and performance each and every day.
Business Development: You are 100% responsible for your business. You have complete ownership of your financials and KPI’s and work to drive your business forward each and every day. You have a love of numbers and seek out solutions on a daily basis to create a dynamic and profit-driven business.
Product Education: You are a natural storyteller. You are able to communicate the features and benefits of our product assortment through an authentic connection with our customers. You are also the stand for product education in your store and are constantly educating and elevating the level of knowledge and expertise amongst your team.
Culture: You are a beacon within your store and your community. You are committed to leaving the world better than you found it. You bring fun, respect, authenticity, excitement, passion and knowledge to what you do every day.
Community: You love people and you love our planet. You can’t wait to connect with others over favorite travel spots, the cities best hikes, or your secret surf spot. You are known for bringing incredible people together and are a host in almost everything that you do. With the help of your team you bring the Sitka community together through events, workshops and environmental activism.
What You Bring:
You are passionate, respectful, outgoing and genuinely love helping people achieve greatness.
You lead others to set the standard for customer experience in your store. Your customers frequently ask you if you own the company :) Well cause you do – this is your business after all!
You are a great communicator. You understand the importance of straight talk, fully engaged listening and can “hear” what is sometimes left unsaid.
You are a stand for greatness both in yourself and others.
You are a lifelong beginner. You live life outside your comfort zone and can’t, won’t, shouldn’t and couldn’t aren’t words in your vocabulary. You are always up for new challenges - fear doesn’t stand a chance.
You are fully accountable to your business and its performance. You work with others to produce incredible results.
You are a Goal-Getter! You seek to meet and exceed company goals by managing your stores P&L and monthly/annual contributions.
You love to build things. Communities, teams and campfires (and so much more!).
Organization is your jam and you are known for your attention to detail.
You are always looking to do more with less. Your philosophy on life is fewer things more experiences. And man can you tell a great story.
You love the outdoors and are motivated to leave it a better place. You are an advocate for positive environmental impacts and are always looking to do more that just your part to make a difference for the natural world.
You are an individual. You are self aware, confident and take responsibility for your actions.
Technical Skills Needed:
- Minimum one year’s work experience in sales management, 2 years management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Working knowledge of MS Office and G Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate ongoing projects, plans and people
- Work well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative and resourceful
- Positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm for Sitka, your community and people
- You understand the needs of your business and are able to work weekends and evenings