The Hudson Bay Camp Axe $160 CAD
The Hudson Bay Camp Axe is made of hand-forged steel and the ideal size for camping or hiking expeditions.
The engraving on the axe handle has been updated to only the tree. Questions? Email: email@example.com | Call: 1-833-387-8080.
Sitka x Council Tool Hudson Bay Camp Axe is small enough to pack and carry, yet big enough to get the job done. It is the ideal size and shape to take on any camping adventure. The Camp Axe has a very short eye length, reducing the contact area between the head and handle, which can lead to looseness.
- Hand-forged steel
- 19 inch Hickory wood curved handle
- Total weight: 2 3/4 lbs
- Final hardness RC 52-56
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting
- Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle
- Leather sheath features a buckle and belt slit
Forged with 5160 steel, the axe head is hung in a traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a round steel wedge for added security. The bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1″ inch from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness. The handle is made of grade “A” American hickory.
Made in the USA.
- To maintain sharpness use a flat file, followed by a whetstone
- Maintain the convex face and chamfer as it originally appears
- Prevent rust by wiping or spraying metal parts with light oil during long periods of storage
- To replace a wooden handle, first clean the eye thoroughly. Fit the new handle with a rasp or sandpaper. Store the handle overnight in a warm, dry room to ensure dryness. The handle should be driven in tight, and then drive the wood wedge as far as possible. Saw the handle flush with the tool head
- Replace steel wedges as needed